How groups use the Contented learning system
Group managers log in to the Contented learning system to assign courses to learners and track progress.
To assign a new course or book to a learner:
- Go to the Admin menu.
- Find the course or book you wish to assign.
- Click on Add participants.
- Enter the email address of the learner.
(You can enter multiple addresses at once. Press enter after each email address.)
- Add a personal message if you wish.
- Choose 'no due date'.
This means learner access will be for our standard time limits (see below).
- Click Send Invitation to send the email.
Each time a learner wants to study another course or book, you need to repeat the above steps. Every time you assign a course or book, we send an email to the learner.
If you have purchased an annual subscription to all Contented courses, you need to assign each certificate one at a time to a learner over the course of a year.
If you assign a course or book to yourself as group manager, you don't get an email: the training resources will display in your training plan.
- All learner licences or 'seats' must be used within 12 months of the purchase date. A group manager should invite all learners within 6-9 months of the purchase date, so learners have some time to study.
- Standard access time limits for learners are: single course = 60 days, certificate = 90 days, diploma = 180 days, subscription to all courses = 12 months.
- Group managers can log in and track learner progress under the Reports menu.
- Your organization can choose to have more than one manager to administer a group.
- Contented terms and conditions apply to your organisation and your learners
- Contact technical support if you have any questions.