Contented web sites: terms and conditions of use
By accessing CONTENTED World Wide Web pages you agree to the terms following. If you disagree with any part of the following terms, you are not allowed to use our web sites. Individual web pages within our web sites may be subject to additional terms and conditions indicated on those pages.
Definitions of terms used on this page“We”, “us” and “our” refer to Contented Enterprises Limited, trading as CONTENTED. “Web” means World Wide Web. “You” means any user of any CONTENTED web site. “Our public web sites” and “CONTENTED public web sites” mean any and all of the web sites containing the following domains:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 New Zealand License.
Contented learning web sites: no copying, all rights reservedUnlike our public web sites, our learning web sites are strictly protected. The contents of CONTENTED learning web sites are copyright and are the property of Contented Enterprises 2006 IP Limited. Any rights not expressly granted are reserved. You may not, reproduce, store, copy, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse or deface any part of any CONTENTED learning web site without our prior written permission.Don’t even think about using any part of a CONTENTED course or other CONTENTED product in any course, seminar, style guide, template, checklist, standards or guidelines without our prior written permission. We will investigate and prosecute offenders.
Don’t use our software or trademarksIntellectual property rights in any software we supply for use in connection with our web sites remain our property. You must not deal, disassemble, reverse engineer or interfere with the software in any other way. Any software we supply remains the property of Contented Enterprises 2006 IP Limited, and you must not dispute the ownership of the software or sell, lease, charge for or lend the software.
“CONTENTED” is a trademark belonging to Contented Enterprises 2006 IP Limited. You acknowledge that any and all of the trademarks, trade names, logos, copyrights, patents and any other related intellectual property rights will remain the sole property of Contented Enterprises 2006 IP Limited. Other product and company names mentioned on this page or on our web sites may be trademarks or trade names of their respective owners.
All our web sites: very, very good but not perfectThe CONTENTED sites and their content are provided as a convenience to you. We do not warrant that our public web sites or our learning will be uninterrupted or error-free. We reserve the right to revise our web sites or withdraw access to them at any time.
The information on our web site (including the information on this web page) is subject to change without notice.
Our web sites won’t bring world peaceNo warranty of any kind, either express or implied, is made about the availability, accuracy, reliability or content of our web sites. We are not liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, lost profits (including legal expenses, loss of use of funds and charge-backs) or for business interruption arising out of your use of this service, or your inability to use this service. Any warranty or guarantee that might otherwise be implied by statute or common law is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
Your responsibility: wise and canny use of our web sitesThe information on our web sites is supplied on the condition that you will decide whether it is suitable for your purposes before you use it. The information on our web sites is subject to change without notice.While we use our best efforts to ensure the accuracy of any information and data we supply, we accept no liability for any losses caused by your relying on their accuracy.Our web sites may include links to sites on the Internet that are outside of our web sites and owned or operated by other parties. By using such links to other sites, you agree that we have no control over the content of outside sites and cannot assume any responsibility for material they create or publish. A link to a CONTENTED site does not imply that we endorse the other site or the products or services it refers to.
Special conditions for email and financial transactions
Invoices cannot be cancelled after we issue a learner login, even if that learner login has never been used.
By submitting material to any CONTENTED server, for example, through email, electronic data transfer or the CONTENTED web pages, you agree that:
- the material will not contain any item that is unlawful or otherwise unfit for publication;
- you will use reasonable efforts to scan and remove any viruses or other contaminating or destructive features before submitting any material;
- you authorise us to collect, retain and use any personal information provided by or concerning you (in particular your name, address, contact details and banking details) from time to time for the purposes associated with the Electronic Funds Transfer or related services and to disclose such personal information to selected third parties (in particular any banks, credit reference or debt collection agency); and
- you will not take action against us in relation to material that you submit, and you will indemnify us if any third party takes action against us in relation to the material you submit.
Our web sites comply with New Zealand lawBoth parties hereby agree that this Legal Notice will be construed in accordance with New Zealand Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Court. New Zealand residents will pay GST on all products bought from our web sites. If you acquire a product for business purposes, the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 does not apply. If you access our web sites from other locations, you do so of your own initiative and are responsible for complying with applicable local laws.We collect only the personal data necessary to complete your voluntary transaction with us.When you do one of our courses, we sign you up to our email newsletter. You can unsubscribe from a link at the bottom of the newsletter, or from our web site. We may publish the name of organisations who buy our courses, unless they ask us not to.
You are responsible for your own web sitesWe are not responsible for the results of any actions taken by you or anyone else on the basis of the information on our web sites. We expressly disclaim all and any liability and responsibility for anything you do or don’t do when relying on the information in our web sites. This disclaimer applies to everyone, regardless of whether they have read the information on our web sites or bought any product from our web sites.When you purchase a product through our web sites, you will receive the newsletter CONTENTED with tips and news. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Special conditions if hosting our courses on your learning systemAdditional terms and conditions apply to customers who purchase an Inhouse Hosting Licence (host any of our courses on their own inhouse learning management system). An Inhouse Hosting Licence allows the customer to deploy Contented course files on the customer’s LMS. Under this licence the customer can give an agreed number of employees access to the course files. The minimum licence term is for one year and is renewable. The annual licence fee plus the annual administration fee is payable each year by the customer on the anniversary of the licence start date. Ownership of the course files remains with Contented. On payment, Contented will provide SCORM-compliant courses files to the customer under licence for the term. Contented will release any new versions of the course files to the customer every six months.
During the term, the customer is responsible for:
- Storing these files securely and effectively for the term
- Deploying the files on the customer’s LMS and making them work as intended on the LMS
- Ensuring only authorised employees have access to the course files
- Providing an official LMS report every six months during the term, showing how many and who accessed the course files to date
- Paying any additional fees if more than the agreed number of employees access the course files
- Ensuring the files are not tampered with in any way by anyone
- Protecting Contented's copyright and intellectual property rights in the courses
- Undertaking not to create your own web writing courses for at least 24 months after the licence ceases
- Administering the LMS properly and professionally
- Seeking permission from Contented if the customer wants to move the files to another LMS or elsewhere
- Reporting to Contented if anything unplanned happens with the course files or their contents, including security breaches, intellectual property breaches, lost files, corrupted files
- Returning the files immediately at the end of the term or when the licence terminates.