How the Contented learning system works: tips for learners
How to get started
- Your group manager will send you an email invitation to access your Contented training resources. Your group manager may be the person who ordered from us or another nominated administrator in your organization.
- Each group manager has 12 months from the purchase date to assign all purchased courses and books to learners.
- As a learner, you should accept the email invitation to study as soon as possible and log into the Contented learning system.
- You have a set time period to complete your study from the time you accept your invitation: 60 days for a standalone course, 90 days for a 5-course certificate, 180 days for a 10-course diploma and 12 months for an annual subscription to all courses.
- You can refer to each course, course test or ebook as many times as you wish during the time period.
- You will get reminder emails during your study period. (Sadly the learning system does not permit us to grant time extensions.)
- You will get a separate email invitation to access each course or book you study. If you are studying a number of courses and books, ask your group manager to send your next email invitation when you are ready to begin your next course.
Studying Contented courses
- Contented courses are akin to professional development workshops, not tertiary education.
- You can access the courses using any modern web browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) and from a desktop, tablet or smart phone.
- Each Contented course takes about 1-2 hours, and finishes with a self-paced test. You can repeat the test as many times as you wish.
- Contented courses do not involve any live instruction.
- You can track your progress under the Reports menu.
- You will receive a PDF certificate on successful completion (a mark of at least 70%) of a course, certificate or diploma .
- Diploma and certificate courses include takeaway course materials. Our printable ebooks complement our courses.
- If you have any issues with accessing our courses, clear your browsing history. Then close and reopen your browser, and log back in. After completing each test, view your test results and then click on the 'Exit course' link in the top right.
Contented terms and conditions apply to all learners and users of the Contented learning system.
Contact technical support if you need assistance.