Access to all writing courses and books
All business writing courses and books in one training package
All your business communication training needs in one training package — online courses in digital content writing, web copy writing, business writing, social media writing, content marketing, SEO copywriting and web accessibility.
Access all Contented online writing courses and books for a full year, including any new courses we release. This is our best value training package for professionals and job seekers who want to broaden and sharpen their web content writing and digital communication skills.
These courses are essential for communication professionals, web content writers, technical writers, content marketers, content managers, content strategists and copywriters. They also benefit anyone who writes for work, including writing blogs, newsletters, policies, procedures and social media.
What the subscription training package includes
You have access to all our accredited professional development certificates, plus any new content courses we release. You also have access to three technical writing e-books.
- Certificate in Web Writing: 5 online courses on how to write web content for online readers and search engines.
- Certificate in Accessible Content: 5 online courses on how to write web and PDF content that complies with web accessibility guidelines in the US, Canada, New Zealand and Australia, or anywhere with the WCAG 2.0 standard.
- Certificate in Business Writing: 5 online courses on plain English, sentence construction, document structure, modern punctuation and grammar, and business report writing.
- Certificate in Social Media Writing: 5 online courses on how to create a content strategy for social media and write business blogs, email newsletters and tweets.
You will gain 11 must-have digital content skills
You will learn:
- how to attract online readers
- practical skills in web content writing and web copywriting
- why writing for digital media differs from print media
- the mechanics of digital content and how search engines work
- how to use metadata and keywords effectively
- web accessibility standards for PDF and web content
- how to use a content management system properly
- about writing content for mobile phones and devices
- plain English writing techniques for international audiences
- content marketing with email newsletters and blogs
- simple social media and SEO copywriting techniques.
Top features of the subscription
- Written by content specialists and expert trainers
- 4 certificate courses, 2 additional courses and 3 textbooks
- Accredited by the CPD Standards Office, UK
- 20+ hours of study
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Highly flexible, scalable and cost-effective
Audience: You, if you want to advance in any business communications role. You need these skills for jobs in business communication, web content writing, online publishing, content marketing, public relations, technical writing, content management, SEO copywriting, digital communication, and many government jobs.
Prerequisite: None, apart from computer and internet access. No knowledge of IT or accessibility required.
Qualification: 4 professional development certificates, independently accredited by the CPD Standards Office in the UK: 20 credits for your CPD record.
Time and place: Distance learning courses. Start any time within 12 months. Study online at your own pace.
Duration: You can access the online courses for 12 months. You can download and print the e-books.
Assessment: Online test for each course.
Authors: Alice Hearnshaw and Rachel McAlpine, respected specialists in digital content, are the course authors. Rachel McAlpine is the author of the books. She has taught content writing and business writing skills in Australia, Japan, China, New Zealand and Singapore.
About the writing textbooks
Rachel McAlpine writes authoritative books about all aspects of modern business communication. These technical books are used as textbooks by professional associations and universities in New Zealand, Australia and the USA.
Business Writing Plus
Update your business communication skills for the digital workplace.
Write Me a Web Page, Elsie!
How to write fresh, findable digital content for websites, intranets, blogs and social media.
Global English for Global Business
Communicate successfully in plain English with people all over the world.
Superb Customer Service- Above & Beyond
I randomly discovered Contented.com, during the pandemic, and this has by far, been one of thee best discoveries to date. Although I am happy with the content of the courses. I’m even more delighted about my experience with Alice @ contented.com. She responds promptly and has gone above and beyond, not once but twice for me. I truly felt valued as a consumer and I’m looking forward to all future business endeavors with Contented.com… I am impressed by their superb service
Complete package to increase your skills
I have completed the full set of courses, and found it easy to fit in with gaps in work, easy to follow, and very easy to pick up. You move at your own pace and there is never any pressure. Much easier for someone like me where finding time to go to a higher education point is difficult. The support behind the system is also very good - the 2 issues had were answered within an hour, and fixed within a day. Very highly recommended.
Relevant, pragmatic and empowering.
I have used the Contented courses to refresh and modernise my existing skillset and service delivery which, like the corporate world, has seen a progression from paper to online documentation. I see many applications for using this skillset to helping New Zealand small business implement the plain language ethos, and help them develop good quality documentation and content.
Pressure free, content rich
A well structured set of courses, easy to follow. It was perfect to be able to stop at any point and resume days later at the same point. The flexibility of online training was perfect for my situation, and given the topic it was an appropriate form of delivery. I felt no pressure of a time limit but the content was so interesting and relevant to my role that I ploughed through it quickly. Even though I have been a web administrator for many years it was worthwhile refreshing and updating my skills. The information I already knew was there as a reminder to boost my confidence and get me back on track in places I had let slip. I now have a plan of action to make improvements to the sites I administer and a method to measure the results. Anyone with any level of web editing responsibility would benefit greatly from taking these courses.
great overview for a newbie
The one-year sub to all Contented courses was a great deal. The flexibility to study at any time or place and at your own pace allowed me to take my time to get a good grasp and general overview of a new field. The learning was well structured and logical and easy to follow. I left the course with many new skills. But more importantly, i left the course feeling a lot more confident in writing successfully in digital environments.
Thank you, Jimi, for your great review. All the best with your future endeavors.