Writing page headlines the CONTENTED way brings multiple spin-offs, all positive. By the CONTENTED way, I mean the way taught in our course for web writers. These page headlines are clear, complete, accurate, front-loaded, long-enough, concise (and that's no contradiction) â€” in other words, they're plain language in action.
These are some benefits of a CONTENTED page headline. No doubt you can think of others.
- People get the message at first glance. They know what the page is about without reading another word.
- The page is focused on one topic, one purpose. It has to be, or it's impossible to write a proper page headline.
- The page is structured for skim-readers, with the essential information at the top. No scrolling required.
- The page headline establishes trust and boosts credibility because it is a clear guide to the content.
- The page headline works perfectly as link-text.
- It also works as metadata.
- It also works as an HTML page title if followed by the site owner's name.
- It also works as the link in search results for an internal search engine.
Fix web and intranet headlines, and you'll fix a lot of other things at the same time.
Leave a comment