Certificate in Accessible Content
Make your content comply with web accessibility standards — 5 online courses
Basic accessibility knowledge for content authors. A quick, convenient way to help writers meet the relevant web accessibility standards. Accredited CPD qualification.
Boost your public service career with this unique certification. Government web developers, make sure your writers have this qualification to protect web content.
You will gain:
- a recognised Certificate to add to your professional qualifications
- a money-back guarantee from Contented
- 5 hours Continuing Professional Development, accredited by the CPD Standards Office in London
- courses you can do on a tablet, smartphone or laptop
- generic accessibility training that works regardless of your technology
- skills and techniques that make all your writing accessible
- understanding of the W3C and legal requirements for web content
- takeaway course materials.
This 5-course certificate stands alone as generic accessibility training for content managers, writers and strategists. It supplements all the brand-specific, technical knowledge needed by web developers and designers. Equivalent to a one-day training course.
Certificate curriculum: 5 x one-hour courses
- Using a WYSIWYG: Use a CMS or web editing tool correctly, in a way that improves accessibility.
- Using keywords: Use keywords strategically. Includes tips on metadata.
- Writing for WCAG 2.0 standards: Know world accessibility guidelines and your responsibilities as a writer. See how each course helps you to meet international accessibility standards.
- Making accessible PDFs: Make all your documents accessible and to convert them into accessible PDFs.
- Using images and graphs online: Make every image and graph accessible. A crucial course for compliance with W3C WCAG 2.0 and section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (USA).
How this Certificate works
Audience: Web developers. Intranet managers. Content authors. Graduates of the Contented Diploma in Web Content who want to upgrade their skills.
Prerequisite: None. However, most content authors will benefit from doing the Contented Diploma in Web Content first.
Qualification: Professional development certificate consisting of 5 short e-learning courses. CPD credit: 5 hours.
Time and place: Distance learning: Start any time. Study online: your place, your pace.
Duration: 5 hours study. You can access these e-learning courses for 90 days from the time you first log in.
Assessment: 5 online tests.
Authors: Alice Hearnshaw and Rachel McAlpine, respected specialists in digital content, are the course authors. Rachel has taught writing skills in Australia, Japan, China, New Zealand and Singapore.