Posts tagged "conference"
I’m gearing up for Vancouver’s PLAIN2013 conference in October, and getting a bit excited. All the speakers have been asked to answer three questions for the conference blog:
- Why is plain language important in your work?
- What is your presentation focus, and what are some of the key points participants will learn?
- What is the best plain language advice you can give?
OK, it's a well-known fact among my friends that I (Rachel) am going to the Frankfurt Book Fair. (Along with 280,000 others.) My excuse: New Zealand is the Guest of Honour and my excellent, outstanding, frivolous book Scarlet Heels: 26 Stories About Sex is in the New Zealand Society of Authors' catalogue.
What's my strategy? It's been slippery but finally, two weeks before the event, I'm getting my head straight.
- Have a great time and go with the flow.
- Stop, look and listen: the Fair is an information machine.
- Find a publisher or agent or both for Scarlet Heels, but never mind if I don't.
- Gather information relevant to Global English for Global Business.
- Get over myself!